[ExI] hasta be a pony in here somewhere

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 01:08:00 UTC 2016

On Nov 19, 2016, at 2:37 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please read your own post.  You used no discretion whatsoever in hurling ugly words at Spike when you simply did not know what you were talking about.  He owed you no response at all; yet he refrained from reaming you out, which was richly deserved.
>
> Clearly you are not here to make friends, but still, a little restraint and a more gentlemanly demeanor would suit members of this list who seem to want to use posts for personal attacks.
> You are scoring no points with anyone.

I don't want to pile on Will S. here, though I'd like to say that Spike is usually restrained and seems to think the best of each person here. I believe that's a good thing in a moderator.

By the way, I think both Orwell's novel and Aldous Huxley's _Brave New World_ have much to say to people living now. As do Kafka's _The Trial_ and many others. I think it's unfortunate that these works, if they're read at all, tend to be read at the high school level by folks who have mostly see reading them as a chore to get a grade.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst