[ExI] Fwd: Skylon Ozone damage (NOx)

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 21:55:44 UTC 2016

 Some of you know that two years ago I asked people at NOAA to look
into the potential ozone damage from up to a million Skylon flights
per year.  There is no point in solving the carbon and energy problem
with power satellites if the cost is a billion cases of skin cancer.

They put a lot of effort into modeling the problem, hundreds of hours
of supercomputer time on the models, writing a paper and getting it
through peer review.  I really appreciate what they
did.

The paper is now available online at

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2016EF000399/full

Click on the PDF symbol next to the journal title.

Short answer:  the damage to the ozone is not a showstopper.

Keith