[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 04:31:25 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:31 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my
>  naivety
> I would have thought one couldn't talk about "free will" without getting
> into
> metaphysics and
> philosophy
> , but as I don't know what "free will" means I could be entirely wrong about
> that.

I think it is safe to say that free will is solidly within the realm
of metaphysics and philosophy, and outside the realm of physics
proper.

> 2) "Free Will" is the inability to know what you've decided to do before
> you've decided to do it.

How about a modification: free will is the inability to know for sure
what your eventual decision will have been, before it is expressed in
conscious thought and action.  It is not provable that the decision
was made any earlier than that point.

> I think
>
> superdeterminism
> is the most unlikely quantum interpretation of all because if it were true I
> don't see why science itself would work

The moment you ask why superdeterminism selects a certain way is the
moment you stop talking about science, and start talking about free
will.