[ExI] Google?s AI Can Now Translate Between Languages It Wasn?t > Taught

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:43:02 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 27, 2016 at 10:39 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

snip

> Inspired by that event, I emailed the phrase "Two bare queens struggle to a draw over the board in Haffner House.
>
> It did the loop and came back "Two naked ladies fight on the wooden floor in Haffner House but both lose."

Couple of my favorites from the early days of English to Russian translations,

"The spirit is willing but the flesh is week" came back as "The vodka
is ok, but the meat is rotten."

Another good one was a report that someone's kid had been suspended
from high school.  It came back as "Your son has been hanged for
crimes against the state."

On a rather different topic, it looks like there is a model for what's
going on at Tabby's star.

Keith