[ExI] wooohooo! no-steering-wheel cars ok in california

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 15:28:04 UTC 2016

On 3 October 2016 at 03:43, spike wrote:

> http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-autonomous-vehicle-california-20160930-snap-story.html
>
> California opens pathway for cars that lack steering wheel
>
> California regulators have changed course and opened a pathway for the
> public to get self-driving cars of the future that lack a steering wheel or
> pedals.

<snip>

I see an opening for a smartphone app that can give 'expert' driving
instructions to the car.  :)

e.g.
Faster! - Ignore speed limits.
Yellow light-Accelerate! - We'll make it OK.
Run that red light! - There's nothing coming.
Maximum acceleration when lights change! - We can beat the queue.
Ignore Stop sign! - There's nothing coming.
Honk & Flash lights! - To get that car out of the way.
Undertake now! - He won't get out of our way.
Overtake now! - We'll make it OK.
Don't join traffic queue ahead! - Overtake and push in at the front of
the queue.

BillK