[ExI] Lee Corbin Memorial

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:51:50 UTC 2016

On 9 October 2016 at 14:51, Stuart LaForge wrote:
> I am saddened to hear this. He was fun to debate with although frustrating
> at times. I have missed him since he stopped posting to the list. Now I
> guess I will miss him without the hope that he would post again. At least
> he was cryogenically preserved.
>

> This doesn't sound like Lee at all. He was one of the most rational
> people I ever sparred with here. It doesn't make any sense.

Apparently he was caring for his sick 89-year old mother and he didn't
want her to suffer any more. Lee was 68 himself.
Tragic event, where he decided this was the best option available for
him and his mother.

End-of-life circumstances like this can be handled better in some
other countries.

In the near future, life extension procedures will produce an ageing
population with increasing medical problems. Optimistically,
eventually all medical problems will soon be treatable and people will
live healthy lives until they choose to die.
But the USA may be late in permitting people to choose euthanasia.

BillK