[ExI] 234 stars with "inteligent" laser pulses

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 20:26:38 UTC 2016

On 19 October 2016 at 19:08, Adrian Tymes  wrote:
> Sure, so long as you could be certain that whatever received it would treat
> it only as data, not executable code.  (Which, unfortunately, is not the
> case for most Web browsers - but there are ways to be certain, if the
> potential message is important enough.)

That's a big conditional there. :)  We would have no idea what would
be sent to us.
It would probably be years before a reply came back.  Everybody in the
world would have a dish waiting to receive the expected reward. And
there would always be someone willing to run an executable. I expect
they would attempt various levels of security protection. But
protection against an interstellar ET technology??  I doubt that would
be successful.

And there might be more than a message on the way.

BillK