[ExI] Nobody can say we weren’t warned

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:10:23 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 5:45 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> what do we do if Trump loses this election and protests enough to do
> damage?

​There are only 2 things that can be done:

1) Everyone who voted for Trump should find the courage to a
pologize to the nation and to
​basic ​
human decency
​.

2)​

​Refuse
 to do in 2016 what
​Trump​
 said everyone should do in in 2012 when the election didn't turn out as he
wished:

*​"​We should have a revolution in this country!​ ​We can't let this
happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty.​"*

> ​>
> his is more likely than if Trump wins.

True, it's
​about 6 times ​more likely that Trump will lose, but like Russian Roulette
the situation is not linear, although only a sixth as likely if would be
about 6 million times as devastating if Trump beats the odds and wins.
That's why I wish to talk about both possibilities.

Can you try not mentioning what happens if he wins when we are trying to
> discuss what happens if he loses?

​I'm a libertarian (small l) so I think you should be free to discuss
anything you like. I figure Trump will either win or he won't and I wish to
examine both outcomes.  ​

> ​> ​
>  it's been well established what happens if he wins

​Apparently not, ​if it were you wouldn't have voted for Mr. What Is
Aleppo.

​> ​
> So can we talk about a more likely threat, what happens if Trump loses but
> contests the loss?

​You want me to give you a magical solution to this mess so we all come out
without a scratch smelling like a rose, well I'm sorry I don't have one.
All I can say is the problems we will have on November 9 if Trump loses
will be bad but they will be trivial compared with the problems we will
have in 4 years if Trump wins. And if Trump wins you should hang your head
in shame.

  John K Clark  ​