[ExI] crossdressing: was RE: Nobody can say we weren't warned

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Oct 23 16:46:42 UTC 2016

>… On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
>…Subject: Re: [ExI] crossdressing: was RE: Nobody can say we weren't warned

>>…OK now, view the two mainstream US parties as coalitions.  Those two gain strength to the point where any other party is shut out  spike

>…I am having trouble with this one.  Europe can govern with coalitions - we can't or don't.  They cooperate in some senses of that word, and we don't.  So in what sense are our two parties coalitions, as opposed to bitter enemies?  bill w

The two US parties do kinda collaborate.  I get the feeling both mainstream parties would like to disown their own religion voters but realize what an important constituency they are.  Reasoning: in general, religious people tend to have bigger families, or bigger families tend toward religion, take your pick.  Families are the most effective way to propagate memesets.

So like it or not, the support of religious groups is critical to a political coalition’s present and future.  Conclusion: political parties may dislike but still need religious voting blocs.

This incident from four years ago inserted a bit of comic relief.  Scratch, understatement.  It inserted hilarity and insight.  After commenting they needed a 2/3 voice vote, they passed it with what sounded to me like a tossup, or perhaps a 1/3 vote:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/05/convention-floor-chaos-democrats-alter-platform-disagree/

{8^D  heeeeeeeeeehehehehehehehehheheeeeee…

Well OK then, 2/3 plus or minus 1.  Reminds me of the Black Knight: all right, we’ll call it a draw.  {8^D

If ya don’t want the answer, then doooon’t aaaask the question.