[ExI] language question

Brian Manning Delaney bmd54321 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:31:46 UTC 2016

El 2016-10-29 a las 11:35, spike escribió:

> Spanish speakers among us, what are you doing with your language?

I spent several months in Bogotá and picked up Spanish pretty well, and
also observed the speech patterns of Colombians. There, and, I believe,
everywhere in the Spanish-speaking countries of the New World, people
don't seem to have time to think about the gender-neutrality of their
language because the language police section of their souls is filled
with the goal of making sure people say "estadounidense" instead of
"americano/a" (and it's not because "estadounidense" is gender-neutral...).

Brian