[ExI] The Clinton Foundation

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Sep 1 00:33:11 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 2:35 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Clinton Foundation

On Aug 31, 2016 2:10 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:
> Recall that not everyone believes that Mrs. Clinton’s rivals will use nukes.  I don’t think that is a big risk.  Yes I know what he said.  But I don’t think he will do that, once he sees the alternatives, some of which are even scarier in some ways, but can be done quietly under the radar, since it doesn’t create a mushroom cloud and doesn’t run the risk of triggering a nuclear war.

Trump has made it clear he doesn't care about that.  "Quietly under the radar" is the opposite of what he wants…

Ja, my argument is not that Trump is acceptable, nor that Clinton is acceptable.  I don’t accept the notion that choosing between a criminal and a crazy is all we have, because alternatives cannot win, because they have no press coverage, and have no press coverage because they cannot win.

My contention is that if either of the front runners win, the result will be bad.

When government fears the people, there is liberty.  When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.  This does not look to me like the face of a person who fears government.  It looks to me like a face of one with contempt for law.

Trump has demonstrated contempt for law by what he has said.  Clinton has demonstrated contempt for law by what she has done.

Meanwhile Johnson tells us the truth: a US president is not a king nor an emperor:

http://reason.com/archives/2016/08/31/neither-dictator-nor-king

They are not there to do good deeds or run family charities on the side.  That isn’t what US presidents do.  Our system is broken.  We must fix it.