[ExI] lighthearted banter for a long weekend on becoming jeeves. was RE: for fun - statistical improbabilities

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 22:52:33 UTC 2016

The very best television I have ever seen is the Laurie and Fry version of
PG Wodehouse’ Jeeves and Wooster, a British comedy made in 1990 thru 1993,
a mere 23 episodes, priceless jewels all  spike

Now as long as we are into TV, here's my all time favorite comedy series
(actually I will say the best thing ever on TV);  Northern Exposure.  Every
character gets a plot now and then - only two or three real stars (none of
which had a great career afterwards - strange).   I won't give commentary
like Spike but here's a few adjectives:  quirky, satirical, intelligent!,
laugh out loud funny - great writing, great characters, great plots.

One example suffices for a quirky plot:  people having other people's
dreams and everyone at the bar trying to figure out whose it was.
Available at Amazon -  (expensive compared to Jeeves and Wooster which is
under $30 for 8 dvds on eBay.)

Maybe I do look a bit like Charlton Heston.

bill w