[ExI] offending people

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:13:07 UTC 2016

I read today a quote said to be libertarian and never heard of it:

Offense cannot be given, only taken.

Y'all heard of that one?  Not sure what makes it libertarian, except
possibly that it leaves people to say what they want and blame being
offended on the victim.  I endorse it, though.  Some are constantly
offended, revealing weak egos and self-regard.

If I get cussed out, I just ignore it.  If I get criticized I examine my
positions and possibly thank the person for pointing out my deficiency.
You have seen me do that here.

Just think of it:  for thousands of years, people had gripes but did not
have Facebook, Twitter, etc. to post them to and so just had to develop
ulcers and stress health problems.  Poor things.

I keep telling my black friends to stop being offended - it's a choice.

bill w