[ExI] This will not help the Libertarian candidate

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 00:28:36 UTC 2016

On Sep 8, 2016, at 5:15 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 8, 2016 4:52 PM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Listening to a one hour talk about world events should have been enough
>
> Well, that's the thing.  Is Aleppo - not Syria in general, but specifically Aleppo - notable enough that it would even have been mentioned in a one or even two hour talk summarizing all the important things in world affairs right now?  It feels like most Americans would say no.

I'm not a Johnson supporter, but I think his ignorance of Syrian geography would be far more important if he were more interventionist. In other words, if he were advocating the US get even more involved in Syria, then his ignorance about Aleppo might signal something very relevant: that he wants to get involved without even knowing much about the problems there.

Let me put it this way, if Johnson were a doctor and someone asked him about a certain rare disorder involving, say, something really specialized that most doctors don't know about, I'd be far more comfortable if he told me he asked more about this signaling his ignorance rather than pretended he knew merely to sound more like a doctor.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst