[ExI] Enlightenment - was Re: statins

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 14:39:52 UTC 2016

I'm not sure whenever/wherever it's been easy to be a practicing
libertarian. The trend may be toward authoritarianism but I'd like to think
that some day there'll be another Enlightment and we can move past that.
Dave

I have often wondered why the world doesn't follow us.  Most of the world
has authoritarian govs. and are way behind us and Western Europe in every
category.  Why can't they see that our way is the way to go?  Is it
religion?  The Chinese, at least, have adopted our way of doing business
and many of their people are clamoring for democracy.  Africa is clearly
held back by tyrants who disrupt their economy.

I don't know what more can be added to what the original Enlightenment
believed.  People in the Western world are, I think, freer than they have
ever been and better at feeding the population than any time in history.

That should be enough to change the whole world, eh?

bill w