[ExI] now nanny state - Re: saving lives

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 16:44:59 UTC 2016

so every car should have a breathalyzer/sobriety test built in. Etc., etc.
 (Mary V see his full text below)

-Dave

It's a problem which cannot be fully resolved - ever.  According to the
'your right to swing your fist stops where my nose starts', harm to mine
determines the right thing to do.  Until we can genetically program people
not to be stupid, we need laws.

I approve of breathalyzers on cars for people with dui records.  What else
could we do to make dangerous drivers stop being dangerous?  I dunno, but
whatever it is, I like it.  If people won't stop endangering others, then
what else can we do but put them in jail, keep them at home, and try other
things to restrain their tendencies.

You need a nanny when you cannot do it yourself.  That's what government is
- a collection of the will of the people.  What are the drug laws for?  To
stop people from endangering others.  Goes way too far, though.  Ditto most
other laws - for our protection which we cannot provide ourselves, like
testing our own meds.

So - a nanny state is congruent with libertarian principles.

your turn

bill w