[ExI] right to try bill

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Sep 28 19:30:39 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Rafal Smigrodzki
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 10:51 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] right to try bill

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 9:37 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com <mailto:stathisp at gmail.com> > wrote:

 But the point I wanted to make was that citizens bearing arms is NOT a deterrent to tyrrany.

### Are there any historical examples of tyrannies (or more specifically, highly centralized, highly unpopular and highly intrusive government) successfully functioning against well-armed societies?

Rafał

Rafal, to become a tyranny, they need to disarm the society first.  As soon as a government starts down that road, we already know what they have in mind.