[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Apr 2 05:15:48 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Jason Resch

​

>…I meant it is cherry-picked data in the way it is framed: It picks the 30 countries that have higher life expectancies than the US.  This frames the argument in a particular way, and ignores the majority of the available data: the 145 other countries that have lower health expectancies than the US…Jason

Ja.  I don’t know how the statistics deal with the well-known phenom where if one has something really seriously wrong, something likely to be fatal in any country where medical care is free, the best bet is to get oneself to the states where healthcare is very expensive but might save one’s ass.  Chances are better anyway.  Most USians know of Canadians who have done hail Mary plays down here.  That means we get a lot of really sick people who spend a buttload of money on something that may or may not work.  How does it figure in?