[ExI] Quantum consciousness, quantum mysticism, and transhumanist engineering

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:11:14 UTC 2017

On Tue, 4 Apr 2017 at 1:53 am, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
wrote:

> No, because they're all made by consciousness.  Though the tornado one is
> a bit ridiculous.

One robot made by humans, one robot made by aliens, one robot made by a
tornado - you seem to agree they would have the same consciousness (how
could they not?), yet they are made by differently conscious or
non-conscious processes. So how something is made is irrelevant to its
consciousness.

Just saying the Chinese Room knows Chinese because the guy who built it
> knew Chinese.
>
> If you started talking about what if the Chinese Room was built by a
> fucking tornado I'd say you were dodging the question.

A Chinese-speaking human is not built to be so by a Chinese-speaking god.
He has evolved through random processes and natural selection.

> --
Stathis Papaioannou