[ExI] another modest proposal

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:10:00 UTC 2017

First, we aim for getting legislation passed in all states allowing
assisted suicide.

Second, depending on the status of their illnesses, we offer each suicide a
sum, say $50,000, if they will suicide. Given how much money is spent on
health care in the last few months of life, this could save billions.

It would attract those who are broke, would break their family's finances
if they stayed alive all the way to a natural death, and want to leave
something behind for their families.

What if they are not ill?  So what?  It's their life.  However,only small
amounts would be paid to them since they are not saving health care costs,
at least not right away.

After they suicide, we feed them to the poor.  Wait.  First we have to
establish that eating people is a mandatory form of a new religion, which,
like L Ron Hubbard, we will invent.  I'll leave it to Spike to find a good
name for them.

Only one of these ideas is tongue-in-cheek.  Guess.

bill w