[ExI] MUSIC: Omega band

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 21:29:41 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 3:39 PM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, Pink Floyd style rock music is not really 'dance to' music.  :)
> Some of the songs seemed to be very emotional, though.
> The huge audience was singing along with the band (in Hungarian).
> I thought some of them were near to tears at times.
>
> BillK

​I lost one middle ear at age six, and since then have had extreme trouble
deciphering words in music, so I just don't even try. (Being in Hungarian
doesn't really help either!)

 I treat the voice as just another instrument.  I am sure I am missing most
of the experience the songs provide.  In any case those songs, to me, just
don't work as instrumentals.  Too much alike.

Aside from the blatant vulgarity present in rap, have the lyrics to popular
songs changed much over the years?  I would be the last to know.

bill w  ​