[ExI] Eternime aims to keep a digital version of you alive

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Apr 24 00:17:58 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2017 3:20 PM
To: Extropy Chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] Eternime aims to keep a digital version of you alive

Eternime wants you to live forever as a digital ghost An upcoming service
aims to keep a digital version of you alive for your loved ones after you
die.
April 21, 2017

<https://www.cnet.com/news/eternime-wants-you-to-live-forever-as-a-digital-g
host/>

Quotes:

Give Eternime access to your social media profiles and the startup's
algorithms will scrape your posts and interactions to build a profile....
that allows your great-grandchildren to interact with their
great-grandfather -- and beyond."

>...This is not mind uploading, but it could be a bit like a recording of
some of your best comments.
Maybe it could develop, in conjunction with AI, to be a creative version of
yourself that grows and develops from the original basic copy

BillK

Oy vey, I don't like who I wrote.  In person I am much more socially
refined, suave, interesting, gentlemanly, charming, and I don't suck.  But
online, sheesh.  Clumsy, socially unacceptable, ill mannered, I even dress
weird online.