[ExI] Eternime aims to keep a digital version of you alive

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:47:37 UTC 2017

On 24 April 2017 at 01:17, spike wrote:
> Oy vey, I don't like who I wrote.  In person I am much more socially
> refined, suave, interesting, gentlemanly, charming, and I don't suck.  But
> online, sheesh.  Clumsy, socially unacceptable, ill mannered, I even dress
> weird online.

Sounds like you don't use popular social media very much.
Facebook, Twitter, etc. are propaganda channels to demonstrate how
wonderful your life is and what a wonderful human being you are.
That's why research finds that the more people use these social
mediums, then the more unhappy they get. Everyone seems to be happier
and better than they are. You have to get really good at spin and
disinformation to be successful there.

Of course this implies that personality recordings based on that data
will create a very idealized version of that individual. Not many
warts or faults to be seen. Much like historical heroes. No mention of
bad breath, wife-beating, poor personal hygiene, bullying of
associates, etc.

But it might be helpful for memories of a loved one where you only
want the good memories.

BillK