[ExI] Aquarium of the Bay Introduces New AR and VR Attractions

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 00:23:44 UTC 2017

billk wrote:  Aquarium on the Bay at PIER 39 in San Francisco just launched
three new VR and AR exhibits, allowing visitors up close interaction
with whales
and polar bears without disturbing the animals.
Does this mean that when the tech improves a bit we can just do this at
home and not have to go to the zoo?  The zoo will only then be used by VR
makers to sell to home audiences - and locals (why do we call them
'audiences' when they are watching?).

bill w