[ExI] New LIGO rumor

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Aug 26 16:10:00 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: [ExI] New LIGO rumor

​>… enigmatic tweet from another astronomer, Andy Howell, that was sent just last week:  “Tonight is one of those nights where watching the astronomical observations roll in is better than any story any human has ever told.”

That guy reminds me of me.

Indeed, for astronomy geeks, it is soooooo a great time to be living.  If other stuff in our world is going badly, my recommendation is to get into astronomy or physics, or both, focus your attention there and live the most glorious time ever.  Or electronics.  Or software, or medicine, genetics, mathematics, biology, or robotics, bionics, information technology, oh my.

In our times, we are like a group of 10 yr olds who just discovered a huge room full of every kind of cool toy ever made with huge banners:

KIDS!  Play with eeeeeverything and aaanything you want!  All you see are gifts from your good and generous friends, Science and his little buddy Engineering.

Let the games begin!