[ExI] New LIGO rumor

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:12:05 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 12:14 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​>​
> Anyone living in our times who is unhappy or pessimistic just doesn’t
> understand what is going on.

​Spike, your optimism is contagious, this is really cool! Some theories
challenge Einstein and say Gravity moves slightly slower than light (or
Gamma rays), if the Gamma Ray Flash and the LIGO/VIRGO gravity event really
are correlated we should be able to measure any potential difference
between these 2 speeds with enormous precision.

Gamma Ray Bursts last between a fifth of a second and 2 seconds (giving off
more energy in the process than our sun will in its entire 10 billion year
lifetime) and the gravity pulse that LIGO/VIRGO saw was probably even
shorter. If they both started off at the same place and at the same time
134 million years ago and they arrive here at the same time to the limits
of our best measurements then there sure can't be much difference between
the speed of gravity and the speed of light.

 John K Clark ​