[ExI] alpha zero

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 7 21:50:31 UTC 2017

>… On Behalf Of Dylan Distasio
Subject: Re: [ExI] alpha zero

Spike-

https://cloud.google.com/blog/big-data/2017/05/an-in-depth-look-at-googles-first-tensor-processing-unit-tpu

>…It took 9 hours to train on 44 million different chess games… Dylan

Ja OK that might be the missing piece: it looked at 44 million chess games.  I had mistakenly drawn the conclusion it didn’t go to existing records but somehow bootstrapped itself to that skill level.  It didn’t generate the games itself.

OK cool, that might have been explained in the original article in ChessNews but I somehow missed it.