[ExI] alpha zero

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 15:27:34 UTC 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:19 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> The problem is knowing when they're as intelligent as we are. AlphaGO
> isn't even close. If it wants to argue otherwise I'd happy to engage it.

​If it isn't even close to being intelligent how can it start from zero
knowledge and teach itself to play ​
 Chess
​.​
GO and Shogi
​in less than a day and easily beat ​any human who ever lived? If a human
had done the exact same thing you wouldn't call it intelligent you'd call
it genius. But its brain isn't squishy like our brain is so you say its not
even close. As for me, I say you're whistling past the graveyard.

 John K Clark