[ExI] consciousness - reply to John

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 17:19:08 UTC 2017

John, solipsism has absolutely zero content.

If you're the only conscious being, what is anything else?

Well, that would mean they're part of your consciousness.  However, they're
a part of your consciousness whose information can only be accessed by
query.

This is precisely the same as believing in multiple consciousnesses.

Pandeism/panendeism (depending on where the line you want to draw after God
is) is the key that allows solipsism and non-solipsism (multism?) to
coexist.

It also allows free will and determinism to coexist.

If you believe in parsimony as suggestive of truth, I recommend panendeism
(still pandeism, but considered after the big bang, i.e after the monad
incarnates its minimonad which is "God" for all purposes of this universe
and certainly has all the aspects of godliness except for primality.

The true God has no origin, there's a reason they say "I am what I am."
The true monadic God of our universe has no origin except for a (countably)
infinite amount of minimonads before it.

The God worshipped in Abrahamic religions is exactly half of that
minimonad, in particular that half which has positive divergence, aka
yang.  Life.  Ananke.  Electromagnetism and the weak force.

The other half is Tehom, chaos, yin, negative divergence.  Kronos.  Death.
Gravity and the strong force.