[ExI] letter

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 19:11:01 UTC 2017

On Dec 15, 2017, at 10:02 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> dan - (Frankly, I’ve never understood why education and sports are so tightly linked together.)
>
> It's a guy thing - macho.

Why isn’t hunting part of higher education then? That’s usually considered macho.

> If those big colleges like Alabama, are getting fed $$$ for sports I'd be surprised.  bill w

I wouldn’t be surprised because federal money does go into higher education, the (federal) military at least subsidizes some of the patriot nonsense at games, and usually stadiums are built with tax money. This isn’t necessarily all at the federal level. State and local tax money subsidize stadiums and sports programs. Again, cut those off — the plumb-line libertarian position — and my guess is much would change here. (Specifically, owners and managers wouldn’t have as much to siphon off from revenues of these subsidies went away.)

And U of Alabama is a public university, no?

Regards,

Dan
   Sample my latest Kindle book "Sand Trap":
http://mybook.to/SandTrap