[ExI] letter

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 15 20:45:03 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org]

On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

Subject: Re: [ExI] letter

>…  The college players now have a union, and eventually they will win some pay.

>…It's voluntary because there are no other places to play college football!!

>…bill w

Sure but why does it need to be *college* football?  Why don’t we have minor league football?  What about the guys who are good players but they really are just too dumb to be college material?  What about those good college players who are not good enough to play pro but who graduate?  Shouldn’t they have a league of their own?  Colleges are running a monopoly on college football, but I bet we could create minor league football teams which would stomp those college teams flat.

This is good thing.  It hasn’t been done yet, but I can see it coming as easily as if it has already happened: some yahoo med student is going to follow through with my suggestion: have the football players take the SAT right after their senior year last football game.  When they do, I suspect plenty of the players will score lower, particularly those fellers whose job it is to line up every play slam into the other fellers.  That just can’t be good for brains.

When that data comes out, there will be massive lawsuits against the colleges, which might end up with the taxpayers picking up the tab rather than those who are consumers of that particular form of entertainment, as indicated by those who actually know the technical name for the fellers who line up every play and slam into the other fellers.  If a football minor league existed, they would be holding the bag for that instead of you and me.