[ExI] Forbidden Words

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 17 15:36:19 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

>…Over a year ago maybe we overdid it on politics, and lost a few people who weren't contributing much anyway.  Good riddance…

In at least one very notable case, bad riddance, bad for us.

>…At least people were thinking about an important topic…

It has me thinking hard about inner circles.  If a government has an inner circle, if that concept exists (and I think it does) who gets to be part of it?  If government people can have their private email seized and scrutinized long after it is written, which government people can be out of reach of that?  ​

>…So, Spike, I disagree - this is a proper for forum for anything that doesn't bring everyone down on him…

And even if it does.

​>… (like we did John, and he backed off)​

.  Or her.​

Wait, what?  John is an or her?  I always though of him or her as a him.  But now that you mention it, I don’t recall he or she ever specified his or her gender.

>…You have no reason to apologize to anyone.  bill w​

Oh OK, my apologies for the unnecessary apology.  If that new one is unnecessary, I am stuck in a recursive loop from which there is no escape.  Eh, no harm, it is a result of many years of socialization into proper decorum in public.  Somehow that decorum occasionally spills over into this forum, which is a fun, weird exception to public.

This is not a decorum forum.  To make it one, we would need a quorum.  Then we need guy to score ‘em.  We lose points if we bore ‘em.  The wordplay we outpour em.