[ExI] John's idea

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Feb 1 02:24:11 UTC 2017

>… On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: Re: [ExI] John's idea

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:22 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​>​ please define “THE wealth.”

Example are more fundamental than definitions, they are after all where the writers of dictionaries figure out what the definitions in their book should be. So wealth is the thing that Bill Gates has and the typical resident of Niger does not.

John K Clark

Ja, you offered a definition of wealth by two examples, and gave me Bill Gates’ wealth and a typical resident of Niger’s wealth.  Neither of these is part of “the wealth” from my own admittedly vague understanding of the term.

This is an important question, for I think it really traces all the way back to the fundamental difference in what looks to me like a long-running culture war.  If we go all the way back to the fundamental difference in outlook between people, I think it is very close to how one defines “the wealth.”  I cannot define it.

My inability to define “the wealth” is why I ask the question: what happens when the Federal government cannot pay its bills?

To many, that question in itself makes little sense.  To many, there is a simple answer to the question.  To me, there is no simple answer to the question of what happens if (or when) the government runs out of money, but there is a simple observation that it will be a very unpleasant thing indeed.

John, I ask sir, what happens when the Federal government is out of money?

spike

 ​