[ExI] John's Idea

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:58:58 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:46 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> Think about the most spectacular event you personally witnessed in your
> life, but don’t count some terrific rock concert or Olympic Games opening
> ceremony intended to be spectacular and being recorded by a jillion
> professionally-made devices.  Disregard those and think of the most
> spectacular or interesting thing you have witnessed which would draw a big
> audience on YouTube, had you a video camera on it when it happened.  It can
> be some really oddball wildlife encounter for instance, or the model plane
> crash described above, or anything you think would draw eyes on YouTube
> specifically to your video, the kinds of stuff that is popular on YouTube,
> getting enough hits to make money at it.
>
> I am asking for a reason.  I think the answers will be informative.

Hard to pick just one, but perhaps that time I watched a building
burning for a while before the fire department arrived.  There may
have been people visibly burning to death; it was a while ago.

Would it draw eyes?  You betcha.  YouTube would doubtless pull it
eventually, but in the mean time the ad revenue would more than cover
the costs of setting up fake accounts to make the money disappear -
and leave no trail for investigators to follow, or at least muddle it
enough to make it too resource-consuming to be worth following once
the accounts are shut down.

Would I do it?  Hell no.