[ExI] AI humor

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 20:26:15 UTC 2017

You run into problems with "don't explai  the joke", but if you can
navigate that you mohgt have something.  Minimize word count on
explanations, and leave the actual last step as one the viewer can easily
figure out.

Also perhaps use that confusion as a generator, and/or weave the
explanation into the setup.  For example: "That guy went on such a diet, he
went from a portly body to a starboardly!"

On Feb 15, 2017 10:55 AM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​
> I have been fiddling with an idea about an ai that has fairly severe
> problems with synonyms, antonyms, homophones etc.
>

> So, for instance:
>

> AI - that guy sure has a starboardly body.
>

> Straight man:  huh?  Did your creativity circuits go blooey?
>

> AI - well, if a hefty man can be said to have a portly body, can't
> somebody skinny have a starboardly body?
>

> Or
>

> AI - I am so hungry that I could eat a guide.
>

> SM - hmmm.  Guide, lead, steer - that's it!  You are talking about beef
> cattle, eh?
>

> In one of my chemically induced moods I had this idea.  Most ideas formed
> in that state are so nonprofound it's funny, but I think this one has a
> possibility of being turned into a real online comic.  But my sense of
> humor is kinda wacky, so I don't know if the above joke is kinda funny or
> just dumb.  Surely thousands of other jokes could be created given this
> premise.

​So I thought I'd give members of the group the idea and see if they run
with it.  Thus, please provide your own AI misstatement or situation, if
you will.​