[ExI] CERN has proved ghosts don't exist

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:07:26 UTC 2017

Has the Large Hadron Collider Disproved the Existence of Ghosts?

By Ross Pomeroy
February 16, 2017

<http://www.realclearscience.com/blog/2017/02/16/has_the_large_hadron_collider_disproved_the_existence_of_ghosts.html>

Quotes:
Much of the general public probably isn't aware of these fascinating,
yet unfortunately, esoteric discoveries at the LHC. Particle physics
simply doesn't inspire as much interest as say, ghosts. At least four
in ten Americans believe in ghosts, and it's likely that even fewer
people are aware of the LHC. On that note, at least one physicist
contends that the LHC has, in fact, disproved the existence of ghosts.

On a recent broadcast of BBC Radio Four's The Infinite Monkey Cage
centered around science and the paranormal, Cox had this to say on the
topic:
"Before we ask the first question, I want to make a statement: We are
not here to debate the existence of ghosts because they don't exist."

He continued:
"If we want some sort of pattern that carries information about our
living cells to persist then we must specify precisely what medium
carries that pattern and how it interacts with the matter particles
out of which our bodies are made. We must, in other words, invent an
extension to the Standard Model of Particle Physics that has escaped
detection at the Large Hadron Collider. That's almost inconceivable at
the energy scales typical of the particle interactions in our bodies."
---------

BillK