[ExI] tumbling pyramids again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 18:59:52 UTC 2017

On 16 February 2017 at 17:35, spike wrote:
> Ja BillK, but the goal is not to make a fair 5-sided die, but rather to
> figure out what dimensions would be needed to make a square-based pyramid
> gaming die.  The reason why I want to know this is that it gives me a clue
> on why the Big Bang happened.

Any square-based pyramid die would not be fair. i.e. if the sides are
different shapes, then the chances of falling on each side will not be
equal.

Quote:
What shapes make the best dice?
We need to make sure all the faces are the same shape and that all the
angles and sides are equal, or some faces will be favoured more than
others and so our dice will be "unfair".
------
<http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/phi3DGeom.html#dice>

There is a patent for a 5-sided dice made up of two opposed triangles
joined by three rectangles which the inventor claims has tested as a
'fair' dice.

<https://www.google.com/patents/US6926275>

BillK