[ExI] Augmented Reality in the Home

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 17:17:23 UTC 2017

On 20 February 2017 at 14:25, Dave Sill  wrote:
> Well, yeah, except for the fact that furniture has function.

Yes, but any old chair, table or couch would do. The VR just has to
follow the same shape and change the colour or styling. Though VR
would have to make sure that your sense of touch wasn't confused when
you tried to touch something that wasn't there in reality. Like trying
to put a cup down on a table extension that wasn't there.

> Even better, you can choose to make your partner look more attractive or
> even like someone else altogether.

Again, looking and touching would have to match.  :)
I think the VR processors need to advance to the next generation to
cope with mobile objects like other humans or animals. Changing the
wallpaper or pictures on the wall is much easier to process.

BillK