[ExI] Do digital computers feel was Re: Is the wave function real?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 18:31:20 UTC 2017

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 5:36 PM, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com>
wrote:

​>> ​
>> ​I see no way it could ever be proven or disproven that X causes qualia
>> Y, at least not proven to be true in anyone except for me.
>>
>> ​And even then the proof would only be available to me.​
>>

> ​> ​
> Which you?  Your right or left hemisphere you?

​There is only one because my ​
corpus callosum
​ has not been severed.​

> ​> ​
> And if your right hemisphere knows, absolutely, that your left
> hemisphere's neural correlate of redness is not your left hemisphere's
> greenness neural correlate, why could we not simply predict that we will
> soon be doing the same thing between brains

​If there were a communication link between your brain and mine that was as
good as the
corpus callosum
​ then there would only be one conscious being not two, but Brent Clark
still wouldn't know what it felt like when John Clark or Brent Allsop
looked at a red tomato.

 John K Clark​