[ExI] ai and job loss

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 20:48:38 UTC 2017

O​
n Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 2:33 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> ​> ​
> I seem to remember reading that most blue and white collar salaries have
> stayed fairly level for a long time now.

​In the USA 60% of households have less income now than they did in 1999,
and yet the country is far richer now ​than it was then. And just 1% of the
people own 40% of the wealth of the country, and 80% of the people own just
7% of the wealth.

​And the gap is widening at an alarming rate. And the combination of
improvements in AI and an uneducated billionaire imbecile in the White
House who has better things to do than read boring intelligence briefs will
just make things worse.   ​

​> ​
> Of course I have no answer to these problems, but I hope a lot of people
> will see these as problems.  "A rising tide lifts all boats"  NOT!!!

​
For decades the rising
​ ​
tide has lifted the yachts but not the rowboats. And that makes people mad,
and then they get dangerous.

John K Clark