[ExI] The INCREDIBLE acceleration of the wealth gap

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 22:27:25 UTC 2017

Holy shit! I said the wealth gap was huge and I said it was accelerating,
but my posts vastly underestimated it. Take a look at today's New York
Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/world/eight-richest-wealth-oxfam.html?_r=0

In the carefree innocent days of last week I said
​that ​
in 4 or 5 years the number of people that would equal the wealth of the
poorest half of the human race, 3.6 Billion people
​,​

​could​
be in the teens, but as of today that number is *8*! And I don't mean 8
factorial I mean *8*.

In 2010 it took 388 people to equal 3.6 billion
​ people​
, in 2014 it was 85, last year it
​was​
​
62, *AND NOW IT IS 8*. I suppose nobody should have been surprised that
people are getting so angry they do irrational things, like voting for
Donald Trump, even though Trump's policies, to the extent that he has
policies, will only accelerate the acceleration of the acceleration of the
gap. Anybody who is not terrified by this doesn't understand the situation.
​

 John K Clark​