[ExI] Am I the only one freaked out by this?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 22:21:37 UTC 2017

Yesterday Trump said he
​believed​
 3 to 5 million people voted illegally even though there is no evidence
​that ​
even 3 to 5 hundred did.  And today Trump's mouthpiece Sean Spicer doubled
down on that ridiculous claim saying his boss had read "studies" proving it
was true, when asked what study reached that conclusion Spicer said one by
Pew Research, but the author of that study, David Bechker, flat out says
that isn't true and they didn't reach
​such a​
 conclusion or anything close to it. That and the memory of what candidate
Trump said about the 2016 election, that he would respect the outcome only
if he won, gives me
​​
heebie jeebies
​
 when I think about what President Trump will do in 2020.

​Imagine
 what Commander In Chief Trump will do if he wins the popular vote by 2.9
million
​as Hillary did
​
but looses the Electoral College vote, I think he
​would ​
claim the election was fraudulent and his opponent,
​ ​
whoever he or she may be, is a crook
​and​
 should not have
​even ​
been "allowed" to run for president
​,​
so he will order the army into the streets and will
​try to ​
remain in power. In fact I think he will do that in 2020 even if his
opponent wins bot
​h​
the popular
​vote ​
and
​the ​
electoral vote in a landslide. But, I hear you say, the military would
never go along with such treason
​ and​
​ maybe you're right,​
 but think about all the ex-generals
​Trump has​
 already loaded into his cabinet, and every day there will be more
pro-Trump Colonels and Generals and fewer anti-Trump
​ ones​
. Even if the anti-Trump forces prove to be stronger in the end it will be
a hellish situation
​.​
I just can't see a happy ending
​ to the Trump catastrophe. ​