[ExI] AI poker

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 20:12:30 UTC 2017

> I am confident no one has been able to write code to read tells because we
> humans don’t know how we humans read tells.
>

> Another example of it is how a human can listen to a French horn and a
> saxophone play a duet, then write out the score, even getting the key
> signature right.  Not on the first try of course, but I can do that if I
> can play it several times.  With all our sophisticated Fourier analysis and
> all our computer whiz-bangery, we are nowhere close to even that.  Reason:
> we don’t yet know how our minds can do that task.  But I can assure you, it
> can do it, and I can demonstrate it.
>

> spike

​Huh?  Whataya mean we don't know how players read tells?  I'll bet if you
ask them they can explain just what Joe did that they read as a bluff and
they were right.  Are you saying they just have vague feelings but don't
know what they are basing them on?

Also - what's the big deal about music transcription​?  I'll even bet that
some of the really big music composition programs can be fed music and
transcribe it into the score.

(a quick google search) -
The Best Music Notation Software of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews
<http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/home/best-music-notation-software/>
www.toptenreviews.com/*software*/home/best-*music*-*notation*-*software*/
<https://www.google.com/search?q=music+transcription+by+computer+program&rlz=1CCACAO_enUS682US682&oq=music+transcription+by+computer+program&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#>

   1.
   <http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yVHuegUT4PkJ:www.toptenreviews.com/software/home/best-music-notation-software/+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us>

You can plug your MIDI controller into your computer, and as you play
notes, the software will add notes to the sheet music, creating sheet music as
you play.

​Or is this something different from what you are talking about?

bill w​