[ExI] jobs

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 17:01:10 UTC 2017

When the German engineering company Siemens Energy opened a gas turbine
production plant in Charlotte, N.C., some 10,000 people showed up at a job
fair for 800 positions. But fewer than 15 percent of the applicants were
able to pass a reading, writing and math screening test geared toward a
ninth-grade education.

9th grade?  Who do they think we are?  Awhile back the Jackson MS city
schools' recent graduates read at the 4th grade level.  Of course that's
probably in the range of the lowest in the USA  (no, I don't want to Google
it)

Education - basic literacy and numeracy - is still the answer to many job
questions.

bill w