[ExI] John's idea

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 23:01:28 UTC 2017

So my libertarian beliefs must evolve with circumstances.      ​
 john

OK, so we feed people etc. who do not work.  Immoral not to.

But in turn, we cannot tolerate increasing population with no end in
sight.  China's policy was a disaster, but I think I can tolerate
infringing on people's right to have children to limit them to two.  Maybe
along the way that'll be lowered to one.

I know that this group has ignored my attitude about over population
before, but nobody wants to have all wild animals in small parks and the
rest of the planet featuring concrete and high rises.  Do they?  Billions
and billions more people - what's the point?  In the past people wanted as
many children as they could have to provide for them in their old age as
well as to labor on the family farm or business.

Robots and Social Security have made all those children superfluous.  We
need more people to sit around and watch TV and be on the dole?  A better
recipe for existential angst I cannot imagine.

Starting right now we need to find work for people.  People aren't evolved
to sit all day long.  They are evolved to work at something and I am not
talking about picking up trash either.  Maybe for people below IQ 70 or
something.  We also have wasted talent - Ph. D.s (not in English or social
science) driving cabs and the like.

I think providing health care and pensions is keeping a lot of people from
being hired.  Adjuncts without those are way too popular at colleges
nowadays.

bill w