[ExI] Trump's idea of what heavy research is

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Mon Jul 10 02:35:34 UTC 2017

BillK wrote:
>You have to laugh at US spies complaining about Russia spies. :)
>It has already been confirmed that vote counts were not interfered with.
>So this is all about propaganda, fake news, etc. which US spies and
>media are experts at (and probably far better at it than the
>Russians).

The irony of the CIA being irked that the U.S. is getting its elections
tampered with is not lost on me. But if you like Russian spies better than
American spies, soon they might become the same guys:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-putin-meeting-experts-cybersecurity-election-hacking-2017-7

The individual vote counts, were probably not tampered with. The delegate
counts in the primaries and the votes of the state electors in the
electoral college? I am not so sure of. How closely are those people
watched? Not one of them recieved money from a friendly guy with a Russian
accent to go against the popular vote?

>US spies never interfere in other nations, do they? Oh, I forgot for a
>moment about all the bombing, wars, invasions, civilians murdered,
>etc.  Do tell, who are the good guys here?

I am sorry that Pax Americana has not worked out as well as one would have
hoped. But it was more Churchill's fault than mine. He is the one who
asked Roosevelt to feed the beast that is the U.S. military-industrial
complex.

Who the "good guys" are is relative to your perspective on the cosmos just
like space and time. We are who we are. FWIW we haven't enslaved anybody
lately and we do pay generously for the natural resources that we are
often accused of stealing. So we are, at least, more polite than most
empires of  history.

According to my analysis of historic empires, by way of Wikipedia, for the
first 500 years or so of their existence, the survival curve of empires is
an exponential decay with a half-life of about 182 years. After 500 years,
it starts to fit a long tailed distribution more like the power law curve
that Anders is so fond of. The longest lived empire was Pharaonic Egypt at
3000 some odd years.

Stuart LaForge