[ExI] Simulating the brain (was Question for the psych squad?)

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jul 12 03:46:23 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

>… question: which​ is more fundamental, physics or mathematics?  I don't know the answer to any of these questions I'm just asking.​  John K Clark​

Math is more fundamental and more real in my mind.  Physics exists as a way to approximate the perfection of mathematics.  That whole 10^80 atoms in the universe thing seems so confining and approximate, never liked it.  The math can soar with the eagles, no need to worry over the chronon, the Planck length, any of that icky real-universe stuff.