[ExI] DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jul 29 18:46:01 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf
Of BillK
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2017 11:19 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK!

On 28 July 2017 at 06:25, Will Steinberg  wrote:
> This is spam.  Not appropriate for this list.
>

>...Political spam has been appearing more often on the list recently since
half of the US don't much like the new president. The excuse being that an
extropian future depends on getting a nice president that everyone likes.

>...This impossibility leads to the unending political arguments which led
to Anders leaving the list. Perhaps the moderators should pay more
attention to political rants on the list?   :)

>...BillK

Ja, BillK, I was hoping that would fade away, and it has to some extent, but
if you check the archives, there has always been an element of political
chatter on ExI.  I and the other moderators have taken the Calvin Coolidge
approach for the most part: she moderates best who moderates least.  Losing
Anders was a huge blow, but I hope he will wander back in.

In the useless political rants (useless because we already know how bad it
is) there are some really interesting threads, such as how political power
has become all about information control.  It makes us wonder if it has
always been that way and we are just now figuring out what Orwell knew in
1949, or if it is really something new.

I do urge we find the extropian content if posting anything political.  If
we want anti-Trump stuff, all we need to do is listen to CNN or MSNBC.
Snore.

Play ball!