[ExI] Murakami again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 22:07:57 UTC 2017

I have read his first three books, ending with the Wild Sheep Chase, and
none of them are literary fiction in the modern sense.

In lit fic there must be considerations of conflict, bigotry in some form,
strife, and so on, with a mixed or tragedic ending.  He has little to none
of those, so he is going to get no great reviews from that quarter.

So who cares what the critics think?  Read customer reviews on Amazon (not
ALL of them phony, I assume).

The only downer is the translation, which I assume takes Japanese idioms
and metaphors and puts them into American:  'wasted' for 'drunk', for
example.

bill w