[ExI] Greener Urban Environment

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Jun 7 16:27:38 UTC 2017

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: Re: [ExI] Greener Urban Environment

On 7 June 2017 at 16:20, spike wrote:

<snip>
>>... We are still missing one big ingredient before this paradigm
> completely dominates college level education: getting laid.  OK two
> big ingredients: a uniform objective system for credentials... will make a
cubic buttload of money.
> Oh it makes ya hurt just thinking about all the filthy lucre to be made
here, ooooh a good hurt it is.

>...From my distant memory the main problem with getting laid was the amount
of time it used up...

The opportunity cost was enormous and wildly inconsistent.  For some of us,
we could make that investment a hundredfold and none of the seeds would
germinate.  For others, he could practically stroll over to the women's dorm
at his leisure, point to any one he wanted, you there, come with me.  It
would happen.  Curse the bahstid.

>... These strange female persons seemed to demand a tremendous amount of
attention time outside of the actual sex bit. ...The chatbot sex dolls will
solve this geeks problem.  BillK

Ja, and think of this.  College is a time of sexual experimentation.  It was
that even for engineering students.  The experiment was seeing what happens
if you don't get any.  We found out: we learned to write software.

OK now, time for revenge on that guy in my first paragraph, his many
offspring.

We who like cars can go down to the local rental place and try out for a day
some model that looks attractive, or rent something we want to drive for a
day but not own, sports cars and things.  If we get competent sex-bots, we
can create something analogous to that perhaps.

If you really think, we could make them with interchangeable parts, put
together arrangements that nature never thought of, or configurations that
were great fun but didn't reproduce.

We have discussed how food is mostly psychological.  Sushi for instance, ooh
such good stuff.  Is it really all that great?  It's just raw fish, rice and
seaweed, ja?  But somehow so satisfying, so good.  I am imagining sexual
gratification is analogous to food, mostly psychological too.

We tend to have in mind a very specific configuration that really does it
for us, but those are very expensive and rare in bio-form.  If we have
randomly-configurable devices which do various things, we might discover
something analogous to sushi, something we never really thought of as a
delightful thing, but turned out to be sooooo good.

We could have a rental system where you go on your computer, order up some
interesting-sounding configuration, drive down there an hour later, pick up
him or her at the curb, go give it a try, return afterwards.  No small talk
needed; those tricky emotional sub-algorithms need not be debugged.

Humanity is so in peril.